The Behavioural Science Ontario college graduate certificate program will prepare you for roles as behaviour technicians, consultants and therapists, depending upon previous academic background.
What You Will Learn
You will acquire enhanced skills to support individuals with challenging behaviours including people who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, autism and other complex needs. You will acquire skills in behaviour program development and evaluation such as observing behaviours, recording data, reporting, implementing behavioural techniques and strategies, and participating as a team member. The program consists of six compulsory courses. Course sequencing enables students to complete the certificate while they work, and to complete the program within six months or one year, beginning in either the fall, winter or spring semester.
Benefits of Humber College's Behavioural Science - Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-Focused Program
- Completion of the program in six months or one year
- Completion of the certificate while you work (classes take place weekends, across a week, online, and/or hybrid (combination of online and in-class sessions))
- Curriculum is comprehensive and specifically focused on ABA
- The program offers a condensed and an efficient opportunity for students to learn ABA skills comparable to those found in accelerated (ABA) diploma programs
- Education and training in ABA is ideal for graduates of the Early Childhood Education (ECE), Child and Youth Worker (CYW) and Developmental Services Worker (DSW) programs, university students, managers and their staff, professionals in the community, social, school, health-care, mental health systems and for parents of individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Placement options in ABA and community-based agencies
- Bursaries for students who qualify
- Graduate employment opportunities and possibilities (e.g., upgrade skills for current jobs, increase potential for promotion to supervisory positions, increase salary potential)
- The possibility of partnership-building with community agencies and school boards to provide additional courses and sequences in the community
- Workshops on relevant topics may be offered approximately three times a year
"I loved the flexibility that this program offered, as I was able to continue to work full-time while I completed the certificate program."
"This program gave me a necessary skill, a tool, which has enhanced me as a professional in the chosen developmental field."
Social & Community Continuing Education
416.675.6622 ext. 3481